Κυριακή, 9 Νοεμβρίου 2008

Suicide bombing hits NATO convoy, killing 2 in W Afghanistan

Suicide bombing hits NATO convoy, killing 2 in W Afghanistan
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-11/09/content_10331300.htm 2008-11-09 19:23:12

KABUL, Nov. 9 (Xinhua) -- A suicid bomber on Sunday afternoon exploded himself near a NATO convoy patrolling in western Afghan province of Herat, killing two Spainish soldiers on the spot, police spokesman in the western region Abdul Rauf Ahmadi said. "It was around 12:30 a.m. local time(GMT 0800) when a suicide attacker driving an explosive-laden car blew it up next to a convoy of Spanish troops in Qalai Rustam village of Azizabad district killing two soldiers and wounding four others including three soldiers and a passerby," Ahmadi told Xinhua. Earlier, Akramudin Yamal, police chief of western region, told Xinhua that the suicide bombing left two Italian soldiers dead and four more wounded. "Three civilian nearby were also wounded," he added. However, no comment from ISAF is available so far while some media reports quoted Spanish Defense Ministry as saying that two soldiers from Spain martyred in the attack. Qari Yusuf Ahmadi, the purported Taliban spokesman claimed responsibility for the bloodshed, saying that at least 15 ANA and ISAF soldiers have been killed in the suicide attack. Some 780 Spanish troops have been serving in Afghanistan within the framework of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) to stabilize security in the post-Taliban central Asian state. Spiraling conflicts and Taliban-linked insurgency have claimed around 5,000 people, mostly insurgents, so far this year in strife-torn Afghanistan while Taliban insurgents have vowed to intensify assaults against interests of Afghan government and international troops before the coming winter.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: