Σάββατο, 27 Δεκεμβρίου 2008

Scores dead in Israeli raid on Gaza - Iranian aid ship to break Israeli siege





http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=79544&sectionid=351020101
Iran is preparing to send an aid ship to the Gaza Strip on Saturday in the wake of the Israeli-imposed blockade, the Iranian Red Crescent says. "The ship will carry medicine and foodstuffs including rice, flour, sugar as well as six tons of medicine for the impoverished population of Gaza," said Hamed Taheri Jebelli spokesman of Iran's Red Crescent Society (IRCS) on Thursday. Jebelli noted that a medical team and a group of reporters will travel to the coastal area on board the ship. Al-Alam Satellite TV aired video of the ship as well as trucks loaded with aid. Tel Aviv has imposed a siege on the tiny coastal region ever since the democratically-elected Palestinian government, Hamas, took control of the coastal area in mid-June 2007. Palestinians had voted overwhelmingly in favor of the Islamic movement in the 2006 parliamentary elections. The Islamic movement does not recognize Israel as a legitimate state. The Israeli siege has inflicted a humanitarian crisis in the already impoverished Strip, turning it to an 'open prison' and putting lives of almost 1.5 million residents at stake. Gaza residents are suffering from the shortage of basic supplies including food and medicine. The UN Human Rights Council has declared Israeli policies against the Palestinians and the blockade of the Gaza Strip to be "crime(s) against humanity." The UN has so far passed some 65 resolutions in condemnation of Israeli actions against Palestinians. However, the veto powers, particularly the US, have stonewalled the resolutions on at least 42 occasions. Earlier, IRCS had announced that it would deliver 100'000 dollars worth of emergency aid to the Gaza strip.


Scores dead in Israeli raid on Gaza
At least 195 Palestinians, including women and children, have been killed in an Israeli aerial bombardment on Hamas security installations.Israel launched air attacks across the besieged Gaza Strip on Saturday, threatening that further operations would be carried out. Emergency services said that at least 300 people had been wounded.Witnesses reported heavy damage as at least 30 missiles were fired. Ehud Barak, the Israeli defence minister, said that the operation would not be short. "The operation will go on and be intensified as long as necessary," he said on Saturday. An Israeli military spokesman added that any "Hamas target is a target". As dusk fell, Israel continued to bomb the strip, firing on a metal foundry in the south.Salam Fayyad, the Palestinian prime minister, condemned the attack and demanded an immediate cessation. Hours after the Israeli assault, Gaza fighters fired home-made rockets into southern Israel, heeding calls by Hamas and other affiliated Palestinian groups to avenge the attacks, unprecedented in their scale. One Israeli was killed in the rocket fire, medics said. Taher al-Noono, a Hamas spokesman, described Israel's operation as a "massacre", adding: "However, our resolve cannot be dented and cannot be shaken. We will continue our struggle with absolute strength and steadfastness." Islam Shahwan, a Hamas police spokesman, said a police graduation ceremony in Gaza City was struck by Israel. Among those killed was Tawfiq Jabber, the Gaza chief of police. The Hamas-run interior ministry said all security compounds in the Strip had been destroyed. Gaza is densely populated. Its 1.5 million residents area already experiencing shortages in medicine, power and basic supplies due to 18 months of an Israeli blockade. 'War crimes' Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian president and leader of Fatah, condemned the "aggression" in Gaza. We will defend our people, we will retaliate against this aggression ... our military will retaliate." orzouz called on the world's most powerful nations to condemn the attacks: "Nobody in this world can accept what happened and the Israeli aggression ... [we expect] the international community to stand against this and say that it is not acceptable." Mustafa Barghouthi, the former Palestinian information minister, said: "This is not an attack on the Hamas. It is an attack on the whole population and the free will of the people of Gaza." He accused Israel of committing "war crimes" and demanded that Abbas and his government stop all relations with Israel. 'Only just beginning'The Israel army released a statement saying "terrorist installations" were hit and that all Israeli pilots returned unharmed. he operation against the Hamas is "only just beginning," Avi Benayahu, an Israeli military spokesman said. he air raids follow the decision by the Israeli security cabinet to increase reprisals for cross-border rocket attacks against Israel, and the breakdown of a six-month-old Israel-Hamas truce earlier this month. The ceasefire expired on December 19, with Hamas arguing that Israel had violated the truce by preventing vital food and medical supplies into the Strip. Ayman

2 σχόλια:

Ανώνυμος είπε...

Το σιωνιστικό κράτος-καρκίνωμα του Ισραήλ έχει χάσει προ πολλού το δικαίωμα να υπάρχει. Η σιωνιστική ιδεολογία τους είναι ο χειρότερος ρατσισμός στον πλανήτη. Ο εβραϊκος πληθυσμός του Ισραήλ έχει εξαχρειωθεί πλήρως και είναι αμφίβολο εαν μπορούν να συνυπάρξουν με όλους εμας τους υπόλοιπους. Κάτι πρέπει να γίνει μ' αυτούς τους εγκληματίες.

ATHENA είπε...

ΑΝΩΝΥΜΕ ΔΕΝ ΣΥΜΦΩΝΕΙ ΟΛΟΣ Ο ΠΛΗΘΥΣΜΟΣ ΤΟΥ ΙΣΡΑΗΛ ΜΕ ΤΑ ΑΙΣΧΗ ΠΟΥ ΚΑΝΕΙ ΤΟ ΚΡΑΤΟΣ, ΜΗΝ ΓΙΝΟΜΑΣΤΕ ΑΔΙΚΟΙ


ΥΓ.

πρώτη αντίδραση στη σφαγή

Τη Δευτέρα 29/12 στις 6:00 μμ μπροστά στην ισραηλινή πρεσβεία (Κατεχάκη και Κηφισίας) η Παλαιστινιακή Παροικία Ελλάδας καλεί σε συγκέντρωση διαμαρτυρίας για τη σφαγή στη Γάζα.