Κυριακή, 19 Σεπτεμβρίου 2010

3 US-led troops killed in Afghanistan - Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:23AM

3 US-led troops killed in Afghanistan   Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:23AM
Three more US-led troops have been killed in separate bomb attacks in various parts of Afghanistan, NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) says.

NATO said in a statement on Sunday that two of the troops were killed in the south and another soldier died in northern Afghanistan on Saturday. 

NATO has not revealed the nationality of the trio yet. 

Saturday's deaths bring to 515 the number of US-led soldiers killed in the war-ravaged Afghanistan so far this year. The toll has almost hit the record annual figure of 521 in 2009. The US-led alliance said on Saturday that three of its troops lost their lives in separate incidents in the country's volatile south over the past 24 hours. According to official figures, more than 2,000 foreign soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan since the US-led invasion of the country in 2001. Figures released by the Afghan Baakhtar news agency; however, put the death toll near 4,500. 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: